Followers

Monday, March 21, 2011

Blog 4 "The allegory of the cave"

in the short story "The allegory of the cave" we get to witness how the world  and the lives of a group of people is so different from ours. the story follows in a conversation from two of the men living in the cave Glaucon and Socratos one of the men manage to escape the cave to explore the the real world, the men is so devastated to find our world to be so different from what he expected it to be since he use to live in the dark for him to see for the first time since he was a child the light and how the real world is so different from the illusion of a world the he use to live in is such a sad and tragical truth the even thought he might not want to he has to get use to believe in for now on.

2 comments:

  1. Hello my name is Anna Purpura. I believe summaries to be hard and I know I even have to work on them myself. I really do like your supporting idea, I had a problem with that until Professor Luke pointed out the differences between supporting ideas and secondary details.

    When it comes to summaries, one thing is
    and with the grammar - you always need to have capitalization and your supporting idea is a run on sentence, no commas. Also in Titles Allegory and Cave would have capitals since it's a the title. Run-on sentences are my worse fault also, it's always hard to split up ideas without a bunch of commas but a tip is, you can use periods more often than you may think, as long it is the same idea and in the same paragraph.


    If you would like to see my summary, go to this link.

    http://izzyboobomb.blogspot.com/2011/03/blog-4-summary-of-allegory-of-cave.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,my name is Samantha and i think you covered everything needed for the summary, but you made minor mistake that could have been corrected before posting. The best thing to do would have been to basically re-read your work. You never start a sentence with a lower case letter. Always remember to included periods, commas, and other punctuations.

    Here's my blog http://sammytobadd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete